Type: “Tea House Trek”
Elevation: 5,416 m.
Highlights: Annapurna range with Dhaulagiri, Annapurna I-Iv, Machhapuchrae Mountains, Unique and ancient Hill culture, Bio diversified sub tropical to Tundra temretaure zone, Spectacular scenary and sub trek routes.
Duration: Minimum of 17 days to 3 weeks (depends on trekkers interest), 5-6 hrs per day trek.
Peak season: September to November. (Possible throughout the year.)
Annapurna circuit trekking route encircles the Annapurna Himalayan range lying in the border between Tibet and Nepal. This Trek is one of the major trekking routes in Nepal. The trek is 3 weeks long adventure that takes you from low land villages to high mountain belt near the Tibetan plateau and then descends back to the western Nepal. The trek trail offers the most amazing natural sites from roaring River along the road and majestic snow peaks right before the eyes. The region is also rich in varied flora and fauna.
Annapurna circuit trek passes from Syangja, Manag, Mustang, Lamjung and Maygdi. The circuit trek commences from Besisahar, a small town in Syangja district in western Nepal. From Besisahar the trek follow northern trails to woody Manang Valley, making counter clockwise rotation around the Himalayan range via Thorong La Pass at altitude of 17, 771 feet and then descent down to Muktinath region in mustang and reach Nayapul near Pokhara by passing through the world’s deepest valley, The kaligandaki gorge. The trek around this circuit passes through lush green fields, dense rhododendron and pine forest, wooded Manag valley, world’s deepest valley, remote ethnic villages, ancient monasteries and pilgrimage sites, glaciers and water ponds, and of course the great Himalayan range.
The Annapurna range includes some of the greatest snow summit namely Manaslu Himal(8,000 m), Langtan Himal, Annapurna I and Dhaulagiri, Annapurna II and IV, Annapurna III and Gangapurna, Macchapuchurae (the “fish tail”) , Annapurna south, Nilgiri, Tilicho etc. The eye pleasing site of these majestic Himalayas is the best reward for the trekkers. Without a doubt passing around these summits is a life time opportunity and experience.
The Annapurna trekking is a major tourist attraction in Nepal and thats why these region are tourist friendly. There are restaurants and lodges in the entire route of this trek. Though the accommodation there may not be sophisticated as in luxuries Hotels, yet they provide best services even in such remote settings. However, accommodation including food and other services may be little expensive.
The Annapurna circuit trek is a high altitude trek reaching up to 5416 m. in Thorong La Pass. The trek ascends from tropical temperature zone in Besisahar to tundra region in Himalayan base. One can gain unique experience of natural as well as cultural diversity along this trek route.
There is a crazy crowd in this trekking route in peak season that is October and November. The trek is possible to conduct almost throughout the year but because the sky remains clear, September to December is best time for this trek.
- Drive from Kathmandy to Besisahar, Syangja (790 m).
- Trek from Besisahar to Jagat -(5-6 hours)
- Trek from Jagat to Bagarchaap (2,160 m.), 6 -7 hours
- Trek from Bagarchaap to Chame (2, 630m,)-5 hrs.
- Trek from Chame to Pisang (3,190 m.), 5- 6hrs. (There is trail between lower Pisang and upper Pisang. The site seen from here is probably the best in whole of the trek route.)
- Upper trail: Trek towards Manang (3,500 m.)5-6 hrs. (You can stay one or two days in Manang for exploring more of Manang. One can enjoy rich Gurung culture and beautiful landscape in Manang. Origin of Marsyangdi river also lies here).
- Trek to Yar Kharkha (4,090 m.), 3-4 hrs.
- Trek to Thorong Phedi High camp (4,900 m.), 4-5 hrs.
- Trek to Thorong La Pass (5,416 m.), 2-3 hrs.
- Trek to Muktinath (3800 m.), 8-9 hrs.
- Trek to Kagbeni (2,880 m.), 7-8 hrs.
- Trek to Jomsom (2,720 m.)-7 hrs.
- Trek to Larjung (2,550 m.)- 5 hrs.
- Trek to Ghasa (2,010 m.), 6 hrs.
- Trek to Tatopani (1,200 m.), 4-5 hrs.
- Trek to Ghorepani (2,810 m.), 5-6 hrs.
(Poonhill, which lies in Ghorepani is a famous hill station for sightseeing, especially the view of Machhapuchurae, Annapuurna south and sun set & sun rise over the Annapurna range is spectacular.)
- Trek to Nayapul (1,070 m.), 4-5 hrs.
- Drive from Nayapul to Pokhara.
The Itinerary can be modify per desire of the trekkers. This circuit trekking also can be extended to other two famous trek route that lies in Annapurna Regions, Annapurna Base Camp Trek and Jomsom-Muktinath Trek.