How to make Mustard Greens
- 1 lb. Musturd greens, washed, peeled, cut into small pieces
- 3 dried red chilies
- ½ teaspoon jwanu seeds (lovage seeds)
- ½ teaspoon musturd seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon whole timur (szchawan pepper)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons musturd oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill weed, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- In a non-stick pan heat 3 tablespoons of musturd oil. Splitter jwanu
seeds, whole timur musturd seeds, and cumin seeds until they turn dark.
Fry dried red chilies for 15 sec. till it turns dark. Add garlic,
ginger, ground pepper, and turmeric; fry for 1 min in low heat. Add
musturd greens to the spice-mixture, and stir-fry for about 2 min. Salt
it. Increase the heat to high; cook the musturd greens until wilted and
the excess liquid has evaporated off. Do not overcook the greens.
Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Garnish with chopped dill weed.
Serve with rice.
Submitted by: Tulsi Regmi