Recipe to make Lai Chula (Mula) Achar
- 500 gms of red raddish ( grated )
- 25 gms shelled peas / dry peas ( soaked overnight )
- 1 tsp Salt – or acc to your taste
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp sesame seed
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped coriander
- 1 & 1/2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- add 1/8 tsp of salt and 1/8 tsp of turmeric and mix well. Keep aside for 10 mins. Squeeze out water and keep aside.
- Take a bowl. Put the raddish, salt, chilli, sesame seed, lemon juice, fresh coriander and marinate well. Heat the oil in a small pan, add fenugreek seed till it turns black. Pour over the achar. Serve cold. Option: add 2 green fresh chillies cut into long stripes with the fenugreek.
Submitted by: Rajni Shrestha