Recipe to make Chicken Bhutua
- 1.5 lb. Chicken, black and white, cut into 1-in pieces (can also be substituted with lamb)
- 5 garlic gloves, minced
- 1 in. ginger, minced
- 3 fresh red chilies, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon musturd oil
- 1 cup green onions, cut in 1 in. length
- 4 tablespoons musturd oil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cinammon powder
- 5 cloves
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek Salt to taste
- In a large bowl combine chicken, 1 tablespoon of musturd oil,
- turmeric, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Toss well to coat
- thoroughly. In a non-stick pan heat 4 tablespoons of musturd oil.
- Splitter fenugreek till it turns dark. Add cloves and fry for 15 sec.
- Transfer the coated chicken to the pan, stir well to brown.
Add garlic,ginger, and red chilies. Stir-fry chicken in medium heat until cooked
through. May need water to moisten, if it starts to burn. Add green
onions and cinnamon, stir for 2 min. Adjust seasoning with salt and
pepper. Serve with stir-fried vegetables and rice, or roti.
Submitted by: Tulsi Regmi